The one-day training course is structured into 7 engaging modules
This one-day workshop deals with the leadership and interpersonal side of supervision, in development of teams and relationships, coaching and instruction, discipline and providing feedback.
Staff supervisors and line managers, present and aspiring, who want an insight into how to put ‘man management’ concepts into practice and achieve better results from their staff.
MODULE 1: Understanding Leadership
- What is Leadership?
- Brief History of Leadership Studies
- Introduction to the Concept of Leadership Behaviors
- Discussion and Debate about Leadership
- A Widening of the Definition Beyond Traditional Leadership Stereotypes
- Personal Understanding of Individual Leadership Qualities and Strengths
- The Difference between Leadership and Management
- Personal Patterns and Beliefs
- A Look at the Elements that have Influenced and Shaped the Participants
- The Leadership Formula
- Direction and Support
MODULE 2: Communication and Relationships
- Understanding How Communications Work
- How We Misinterpret Situations
- Gaining Active Listening and Responding Skills
- Seeing Things from Other Points of View
- Managing Your Assumptions More Effectively
- Understanding Your Own Strengths
- Looking at Body Language
- Increasing Confidence
- Difficult People or Situations
MODULE 3: Developing Team Leadership
- Team Based Results
- The Four Stages of Teams
- Team Problem-Solving
- Characteristics of Vital Team Players
- Key Attributes of The High Performing Team
MODULE 4: The Situational Leadership Model
- Scenarios Exercise for Leadership
MODULE 5: Tackling Discipline
- Rules and the Need for Discipline
- Gross Misconduct
- Essential Components of a Disciplinary Procedure
- Investigating a Complaint
- Taking Disciplinary Action
MODULE 6: The Power of Effective Feedback
- Constructive Feedback
- Praising the Individual
- Tools and Techniques: The Sandwich Technique
- Model for Giving Feedback – BOOST
- How to Give Feedback – EECC model
- Factors Which Make It Difficult to Receive Feedback
- Top Feedback Tips
- Coping with Criticism
MODULE 7: Your Personal Action Plan
The final exercise of the Leadership programme is for each delegate to devise a personal Plan of Action, identifying their personal take-away from the programme, where they know they will practice and areas for their development.
All training delivered on client premises.
- Flip chart and paper
- Power point access(not a necessity)
We’re friendly, helpful and dedicated to providing the best results for all our clients.
So why not try us now, and see how you can benefit from training with The Speaker with the Orange Tie.