HOW LONG IS THE COURSE?
One-day training course structured into 10 sessions.
WHAT ARE THE AIMS OF THE COURSE?
This one-day workshop aims to support delegates to learn the vital skills required to analyse how they use their time and to give practical tools to improve their own time management.
By the end of this course, delegates will:
• Understand what makes an effective time keeper
• Be able to identify the diverse types of techniques around effective time keeping
• Be able to apply these techniques in their everyday lives to become more effective time keepers
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Anyone who needs to manage their time more effectively. This includes senior managers, line managers and supervisors, administrators and project managers.
Time management has been in existence for a long time, but the term time management creates a false impression, because time cannot be managed: we can only manage ourselves and our use of time.
SESSION 1: What Do You Believe About Your Time Management?
Recognise your own thinking, positive or negative, and how it affects the way you manage your time.
• What do you believe about you?
• Managing your inner voice
• The reason you believe what you believe
• Improving your time keeping through your beliefs
SESSION 2: What’s Robbing Your Time?
Become aware of interruptions that can sidetrack and derail you throughout the day, whether self-inflicted or imposed by others, and evaluate interventions.
• How your environment is taking your time
• What can you do to change your environment?
SESSION 3: Prioritise What Matters ~ 80/20
Design a prioritised task schedule based on Urgent versus Important, and Benefit versus Effort. Understand the power behind Pareto’s principle, the 80/20 rule.
• The prioritisation grid
• Urgent vs Important
• Benefit vs Effort
• Other applications of the prioritisation grid
• Using Pareto’s principle, the 80/20 rule
SESSION 4: Don’t Plan Until You’ve Finished
Analyse planning tools to help you to improve your time management.
• Benefits of planning ahead
• Guidelines and tools for efficient planning
• Using and creating an effective planner
SESSION 5: How to Be Assertive and How to Say No
Identify and understand the different attitudes to a variety of situations experienced in the office.
• Aggressive behaviour
• Passive and passive-aggressive behaviour
• Assertive behaviour
• The three-step approach to assertiveness
• Assertiveness practice
SESSION 6: Delegate with Purpose
Develop the skills for incorporating individual strengths into a team dynamic to maximise time efficiency.
• What is delegation?
• The five levels of delegation
• Five steps to delegation
• Maintaining responsibility
• When delegation isn’t possible
• Overcoming barriers to delegation
SESSION 7: Be SMART for Yourself
The importance of understanding and setting SMART goals.
• The importance of setting goals
• How to find the goals you want to accomplish
• The three Ps of goals
• SMART goals
SESSION 8: Get Organised, Change Your Life
Learn how to organise your workspace, control the effect of e-mails and manage your work processes through batching.
• Strategy, choice and making a difference
• Organising your day
• Using a “To Do” list
• Organising your workspace
• Effective e-mail operation
• The batching technique
• Getting rid of distractions
• Meetings and phone calls
• Streamlining your approach with STING
SESSION 9: The Four Ds to Efficiency
Learn a method that will empower you with a mindset to allocate a priority through a four-phase value system so that you can improve how you value each task.
• Do, dump, delay and delegate
• Guidelines for keeping a piece of paper
MODULE 10: Managing Your Work Load
Recognise problem areas and appropriate solutions to manage your workload.
• Analysing your workload
• The 168-hour plan